Timeless Corruption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Timeless Corruption

the Cyborg 009 RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Underground Lab

Go down 
+3
cyborg_soldier000
Misu-Lin
Francoslavic-Banter
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Misu-Lin

Misu-Lin

The Underground Lab - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:16 pm

"Yeah, but what would I do? I don't know how to use it." Rinaldo said, exciting and now nervous to find out his power. He'd like to figure these kinds of things out by a reliable source, even if he did activate it, how would he know what it was?
Back to top Go down
http://misu-lin.deviantart.com
elfy016

elfy016

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Cyan shrugged.
"i dunno, maybe you can get the professor to scan you. that might tell you somethin'."
Cyan got up and slouched against the wall.
"then we can see if you can figure it out there."
Back to top Go down
http://elfy016.deviantart.com/
Misu-Lin

Misu-Lin

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:27 pm

"Yeah, I was just waiting until he was done..." Rinaldo said, a bit relieved. This kind of thing to the Italian was almost like talking about a health problem with your doctor was. He was only comfortable talking with his doctor about the matter.
Back to top Go down
elfy016

elfy016

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:30 pm

"hey, do you think you guys can handle everything down here?"
Cyan rubbed an eye with the palm of her hand.
"I need to catch a few z's and it's gonna take me a while to find a place that i can sleep with out damaging the floor i'm sleeping on."
she suppressed a shudder as she looked a the table Holly was on.
i'm sure i couldn't damage anything down here, but this place gives me the creeps."
(( ooc i'm gonna leave and head to another area^^ ))

Last edited by elfy016 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://elfy016.deviantart.com/
Misu-Lin

Misu-Lin

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:33 pm

"Hah, I think they'll be fine. Go ahead and take a nap." Rinaldo reassured her, he decided to leave as well. He exited the room with Cyan, fatigued from another exciting day and another run in with LIGHT.
Back to top Go down
BohemianRadio

BohemianRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:50 am

008 fidgeted. "I feel a little bad about leaving, but I heard 009 was back," he said finally. "I'm trusting Holly to you for a little while, doctor." He took one last troubled look at her unmoving figure, then turned and walked stiffly out of the room.
Back to top Go down
cyborg_soldier000

cyborg_soldier000

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:33 pm

Isaac tossed his book back into the room he had recently emerged from. "What are you searching for?" His rickety voice had long since begun to show his age.

((I've been trying for days to make this longer with no success. ;_. ))
Back to top Go down
http://changeling007.deviantart.com
Francoslavic-Banter

Francoslavic-Banter

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:56 pm

[I'm not too terribly worried. It can just take a backseat to the other RPs.]

"LIGHT's program, Doctor." Dr. Hirsch glanced over his shoulder. "I'll let you do the surgery to remove it once we've found it - I'm sure I'd only make things worse."

Back to top Go down
http://francoslavic-banter.deviantart.com
cyborg_soldier000

cyborg_soldier000

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Gilmore accepted the task with a slow nod, as he watched Hirsch work.

Jenny, who had taken up her usual position sitting by the exit, got up and left. She didn't really want to watch any surgery.
Back to top Go down
http://changeling007.deviantart.com
BohemianRadio

BohemianRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Holly was emerging from deep, murky water. Her eyes hurt, and she didn't open them. She was lying on her back, on a cold surface. Something had definitely happened.
As she slipped in and out of consciousness, still in her normal day clothes, Part of her complicated cyborg system was acting up.
Beep. Beep. Beep
They kept sounding at a consistent rate, always the same audible-- but not loud-- volume. The conscious part of her recognized it, but the rest of her still wasn't aware of what was happening. Without even thinking about it, she murmured,
"mm... A distress signal... where from?..."
Back to top Go down
Francoslavic-Banter

Francoslavic-Banter

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:28 pm

Dr. Hirch stepped back in concern. After a hesitant moment, he stepped forward and nudged C21's shoulder.

"A distress signal? Miss, are you receiving a distress signal?"

Back to top Go down
BohemianRadio

BohemianRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:40 am

Dr. Hirsch's voice dragged Holly back into consciousness. She groaned again, and with her eyes still shut, she stretched her arms.
"Apparently I am," she mumbled. "Haven't had one in a while. The signals only come from Pigment cyborgs..." she felt like she was speaking nonsense. Scrunching her nose a bit, she finished with, "Lemme see if I can figure out where it's from."

The device was skillfully fused with her brain, so all she really had to do was focus. Is it from Orlin? She thought, getting worried. Or maybe even Zily...

Then she found the signal's source. It was nearby!

"Someone I know is in a close part of Germany..." I'm in Germany? "... it has to be one of the Pigments. They're sending me a distress signal."
Back to top Go down
Francoslavic-Banter

Francoslavic-Banter

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:13 am

"No wonder it sounds so close. This mansion is near Bingen." Dr. Hirsch unrolled his sleeves and listened intently. "Can you tell me more about these 'Pigment Cyborgs' you mentioned?"

Back to top Go down
BohemianRadio

BohemianRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:07 pm

Holly struggled to open her eyes. Through the glare she squinted at the man standing over her. He looked calm, kind... different from many of the doctor-types she had seen during and since her alteration...
Soothed by his voice, she closed her eyes and answered.
"I'm one of them... We're a kind of... breed of cyborg, I guess you could say. Even though we were supposed to be a team, our uniforms are all different colors." She exhaled deeply. "But there's a reason for that, I guess. When the Pigments were made-- we're numbered by the label COLOR-2, then a number, zero through eight-- we apparently had 'cyborg soldier programs' built into our systems. All the programs were named after a color; thus the 'Pigments', and the colored uniforms..."
She trailed off, leaving out a big chunk of the story. It was hard to even think straight.
Back to top Go down
Francoslavic-Banter

Francoslavic-Banter

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:40 pm

"I should've known better than to bother you now about it." Dr. Hirsch kept talking in his accented tones to keep her awake. "But, knowing that you have LIGHT's program, the person sending the signal could be an enemy of ours."

Back to top Go down
BohemianRadio

BohemianRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:12 am

Holly stretched her calves. "True," she said. "But unlikely. One of the other Pigments-- a friend of mine named Orlin-- used a shockwave that disabled all of the others' programs." She laughed dryly. "... except for mine. Funny how that works out.
"So really, the only threatening ones who could be using the signal would be... C22, C23... or C25. But again, it's unlikely."
She looked up at him thoughtfully. "But maybe we should be cautious? The only way the one using the signal could track me would be if I sent back a reply signal."
Back to top Go down
Francoslavic-Banter

Francoslavic-Banter

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:16 am

"Then, by all means, don't send a response signal." Hirsch shook his head vehemently. "Even if it is from one of your comrades, I'm sure they'll survive. They're cyborgs, after all." He tapped his lip in thought. "Or perhaps one of them has changed sides..."

Back to top Go down
BohemianRadio

BohemianRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:55 pm

Holly straightened out a bit, and her eyes widened slightly. "No," she said frankly. "Orlin and Zily wouldn't do that..." SH trailed off, silently wondering if they would.

"Maybe we should send someone to the location, just to see?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Francoslavic-Banter

Francoslavic-Banter

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:17 pm

"That distress signal was archived in your system." He looked around the room and saw a long panel of computer screens. "... Maybe we can hook you up and see where it came from. If yours has a homing device, theirs does too." He became enthusiastic at the idea. "Then we'll send 0014 and a few others to the scene to investigate."

Back to top Go down
BohemianRadio

BohemianRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:28 pm

It sounded like an adventure; Holly was excited by the idea, but it also made her nervous. More fighting. And what if the one sending the signal really was the enemy? What if he or she was looking for her...
"Can... May I get up?" She was fully conscious now, and could think clearly. Awaiting an answer, she twisted her wrists around a bit. Hook you up sounded kind of weird. "Hook me up to what? I don't have a plug, do I?" she fake-laughed skeptically. "And yeah, I'm pretty sure the only signal able to be tracked is an incoming one. I heard that somewhere. Can't remember where. Oh, and I'm sure 008 would want to go check it out as well," she added.
Back to top Go down
Francoslavic-Banter

Francoslavic-Banter

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:08 pm

"Well, I don't know. Maybe 003 can find where it was coming from." He rested his hand under his chin. "And yes, feel free to get up and move about." He pondered who he could send after this unknown enemy.

Back to top Go down
BohemianRadio

BohemianRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Holly stood, and yet again the signal sounded. It seemed like it was timed at intervals.
Beep. Beep. Beep
She heard it now. It was in her head. As she rested two fingers on the point to mark its location, she had a revelation.
"I know!" she exclaimed suddenly. "My ear docks. There's a little space on my head between my ears and my skin. Maybe..." she shivered a bit at the idea, but she'd do what needed to be done. "Maybe you could fit a wire in there and reach the device." realizing he wasn't going to know what she meant, she blushed with embarrassment and slipped off her replacement human ears. After pulling her hair over the earless sides of her head, she reached back and hit the switch at the base of her skull. With a few mechanical clicking sounds, her hybrid-bat ears rose to the top of her crown.
She felt around the cracks between the ears and her head with her fingers. "Right here. See? Think you could do that?"
Back to top Go down
Francoslavic-Banter

Francoslavic-Banter

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 1:09 am

"I don't see why not. I'll try to be gentle." Dr. Hirsch scooted over to the panel of computers and pulled a thin cord from it. He reached up to the top of her skull and found a USB port. With a quick snap!, the image flickered and appeared on the nearest computer screen.

Back to top Go down
BohemianRadio

BohemianRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Undergroung Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:48 am

Feeling a little weird, one side of Holly's mouth lifted in a sort of cringe. "Well that's convenient," she said dryly. There was a USB port in her head. How strange...
Then, sighing and diverting her attention to the screen, she saw a large gray map of Germany, unlabeled. A small red circle was flashing just southeast of the country's center. She pointed to it.
"Where is that?" She asked purposefully.
Back to top Go down
Francoslavic-Banter

Francoslavic-Banter

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Dr. Hirsch peered in at the screen and tapped a few keys. "Leipzig." He pulled away and wiped his brow. "I'm glad I didn't have you send a response signal - he could have been here by the end of today."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Underground Lab   The Underground Lab - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Underground Lab
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Timeless Corruption :: Around the World :: The Mansion-
Jump to: